You’ve started to notice that you are thinning a little around your temples and the crown of your head. This is worrying you. Could it be your diet? Maybe it’s genetics. Perhaps it’s a symptom of something more serious, like an underlying health concern. Or, it could be that you have reached that time in your life where such signs are to be expected. Although the cause is definitely something to look into, you might want to look for a solution as soon as possible.
Modern pharmaceuticals offer a wide range of medications and treatments to cater for your concerns, preferences, and lifestyle. If you prefer to swallow something and not think about the treatment for the rest of the day, there’s a pill for that. And if you find that tablets get stuck in your throat too often, even with water, topical foams and solutions could be more your style of treatment.
Regaine is one such hair loss treatment. A foam, it should be massaged into your scalp twice a day. It’s effective, convenient and easy to use. But, as all things do, it has limits.
Is Regaine 5% for you?
Regaine 5% has been proven to help men between the ages of 18 and 49 with male pattern hair loss, manifested as a small coin-sized patch on the crown of the head. If you are:
- Between the ages of 18 and 49
- Recently started losing hair from the crown of your head
- Have hereditary hair loss
- Don’t have an allergy to minoxidil
Then Regaine could be the treatment for you!
The Limits of Regaine
Hair growth is a long and gradual process that takes time and a lot of patience. Moreover, continual growth requires uninterrupted treatment. Once you start to see results, don’t stop! Without the regular application of Regaine, your newly grown locks will fall out and you’ll be right where you started – still losing hair and thinning more with every day.
- If I use more Regaine foam, my hair will grow stronger and faster. FALSE – using more foam each application or increasing doses will not improve the hair growth, only increase the side effects.
- I can use Regaine 5% foam as a man over the age of 49. IT’S COMPLICATED – Regaine 5% foam has only been clinically tested on men younger than 49 years of age. Regaine Solution (Minoxidil 5%) has been tested up to the age of 65, therefore as the medications are the same strength we prescribe both up to the age of 65. As an online pharmacy, Ametheushealthis unable to monitor patients and therefore, we don’t prescribe Regaine foam or solution to men over the age of 65. If you are still looking to purchase this medication, please seek advice from your local pharmacist or GP.
- Regaine helps to prevent further hair loss and promotes hair regrowth. TRUE – the active ingredient, minoxidil, increases blood flow to the hair follicles in the head, expanding the follicle size and hair shaft.