Alli and Orlistat
Taking Alli or Orlistat has proven to be very effective in aiding weight loss, as long as a reduced calorie, low fat diet is followed. If this is done successfully, then Alli/Orlistat can help to achieve up to 50% more weight loss than just dieting alone.
The ideal Alli or Orlistat diet is slightly hypocaloric, meaning you will be eating fewer calories than you burn. Taking Alli or Orlistat medication means the absorption of fat-soluble vitamins are reduced, so it is advised to take multivitamins before bed to ensure your body is replacing any vitamins lost. Centrum Advance is a multivitamin that incorporates all of these vitamins.
Even though you want to reduce your fat intake, it is vital to still eat foods containing fat, as dietary fats are essential for cell growth and the protection of organs. In a healthy diet, around 30% of your total daily calories should come from fat.
Ways to reduce fat intake:
- Choose lean cuts of meat
- Eat more fruit and vegetables
- Bake, boil or grill food and avoid frying
- Choose low fat dairy options
Taking Alli or Orlistat and eating unhealthily will be ineffective at helping you reach your weight loss goals. With a well-balanced, low fat diet, combined with the weight loss treatments, you could lose 5% of your initial body weight after 3 months of treatment.
We’ve come up with a few ideas to help you plan delicious and nutritious meals to aid your weight loss journey:
Breakfast is regarded as the most important meal of the day, and a breakfast including a combination of protein and fibre are great ways to boost your energy levels for the day. There’s no reason you should be skipping breakfast with these quick and simple ideas:
- Oatmeal with Fruit and Nuts – Fruit such as raspberries or strawberries alongside the oatmeal is a meal packed full of fibre, keeping you full for longer.
- Spinach and Egg Sweet Potato Toast – A great alternative to eggs benedict, this meal is packed with vitamin C, iron and fibre.
- Chocolate and Peanut Butter Smoothie – The creamy high protein shake is a great way to start the morning and takes only 5 minutes.
- Toast with a healthy topping – You could top the bread with peanut butter and blueberries or soft-boiled eggs for a savoury option.
- Muesli with Pears, Maple Syrup and Cinnamon – Muesli with these toppings makes for a fibre rich breakfast. You can swap out these fruits with your preferred ones.
Lunch raises your blood sugar levels in the middle of the day, so you are able to focus for the rest of the afternoon. Without lunch, you may end up gaining more weight because you will over eat at dinner to compensate.
- Tofu or Chicken Stir Fry – An easy and flavourful way to get nutrient dense foods in your diet like protein and vegetables.
- Carrot and Coriander soup – Soup is quick and easy to make and this particular one is low calorie and delicious.
- Tuna, Pepper and Butterbean Salad – Ready in just 15 minutes, this simple recipe is packed full of flavour and nutrients for a hearty lunch. You can swap out the tuna with tofu if you prefer.
- Salmon in a Garlic and Tomato Sauce – This recipe can be prepped and made in 20 minutes and it is super easy to make.
- Chicken and Avocado Wraps – Quick, easy and healthy recipe to make in the morning to take to work.
Eating dinner is just as important as breakfast, especially one that is well-balanced with protein, vegetables and carbohydrates. The key is to eat healthy carbohydrates as carbs are starchy and portion control Here are some quick and delicious recipes you can try:
- Almond-&-Lemon-Crusted Fish with Spinach – This low calorie, heathy recipe can be put together in just 25 minutes.
- Quinoa Paella with Prawns and Beans – This recipe can be made in 40 minutes and packed full of protein and fibre keeping your hunger in check for the evening.
- Lemon and Courgette Linguine – Low in saturated fat, high in protein and fibre and can be ready in just 15 minutes.
- Bolognese with Tomato and Fennel – This low fat, low calorie Bolognese with fennel and tomatoes is super healthy and counts for 2 of your five a day. You can also swap the mince with Quorn mince as a vegetarian alternative.
- Moroccan Chicken Stew – This hearty stew full of flavour and spices is packed with nutrients and can be thrown together in under an hour.
Eating high protein, low carb and high fibre snacks are best for achieving your weight loss goals. There are plenty healthy snacks you can eat to help you snack smart:
- Apple slices with Peanut Butter
- Houmous and Vegetable Sticks
- Spiced Kale Chips
- Homemade Granola Bars
Whilst taking Alli or Orlistat, it’s important to be aware about the different food groups and what nutrients they contain, so you can formulate a meal plan that incorporates all the nutrients you need.
Found in foods such as rice, pasta, bread, potatoes and beans.
- Carbohydrates are our main source of energy and needed for the regulation of blood glucose.
- Prevents the breakdown of protein for energy.
- Prevents degradation of skeletal muscles.
Found in foods such as meat, fish, cheese, eggs, tofu and beans.
- Protein builds muscle strength, bone tissue and cells.
- Boosts metabolism and increases fat burning.
- Lowers blood pressure.
- Helps maintain weight loss.
Founds in oily fish, nuts and seeds, egg yolks and avocados.
- Used as a source of energy when carbohydrates run out.
- Fat is needed for the absorption of vitamins A, D and E and K.
- Essential fatty acids are needed for growth development and cell functions.
- A diet rich in fat will increase blood cholesterol levels and can cause you to become overweight.
- When using Alli or Orlistat, consumption of fat should be limited.
Fruit and Vegetables
- Fruit and vegetables are an excellent source of vitamins and minerals, including vitamin C, potassium and folate.
- Excellent source of dietary fibre, helping to maintain a healthy gut, preventing digestion problems.
Milk and Dairy Products
Found in milk, yogurt and cheese.
- Excellent source of calcium needed for strong bones, muscle movement and contraction.
- When taking Alli or Orlistat, use low fat dairy products.
Where to buy Alli or Orlistat
You can buy Alli or Orlistat weight loss treatments online at Ametheushealth. After completing a short medical questionnaire, your answers will be reviewed and if you are eligible for treatment, we will send your medication with same day or next day delivery in discreet packaging, so you can buy your medication with complete confidence.