What are Otex ear drops and when are they used?
Otex ear drops are used for softening and removing hardened ear wax buildup that may be causing blocked ears. It’s perfect for those that need a quick and easy treatment that is available over the counter.
What can happen if you have ear wax build up?
Excess ear wax buildup can cause a number of uncomfortable symptoms. These symptoms may include:
- Muted or loss of hearing
- Ear infections
- Dizziness / loss of balance
How do you use Otex ear drops?
Otex ear drops are easy to applies, as follows:
- Tilt your head to the side so the blocked ear is facing upwards.
- Do not touch your ear with the applicator nozzle.
- Slowly and gently squeeze 5 drops into the upturned ear.
- Keep your head tilted horizontally for a few minutes to allow the drops to soak in.
- When bringing your head upright, be sure to use a tissue to wipe away any excess liquid.
When should Otex ear drops not be used?
Otex ear drops should not be used in any of these circumstances:
- You are allergic to hydrogen peroxide
- You are using any other ear drops
- The ear canal or eardrum is injured or damaged
- If there is any discharge from the ear
- The ear has been syringed within the last few days
What is the difference between Otex and Otex Express Ear Drops?
Unlike Otex Express, Otex can only be purchased from a pharmacy and comes in 8ml bottles. Otex Express is available in 10ml bottles.
How should I store Otex ear drops?
Otex ear drops should be stored in a dry, cool environment that does not exceed 25°C.