Nicorette invisi patch is used to relieve and/or prevent withdrawal symptoms and reduce nicotine cravings for those trying to cut down on smoking or quit smoking altogether.
The invisi patch can be used in a number of ways – it can replace cigarettes altogether, or it can replace certain cigarettes you smoke in a day if you are not ready to quit altogether, helping you to reduce the number of cigarettes you smoke each day.
|Step 1||Nicorette invisi 25mg patch||First 8 weeks|
|Step 2||Nicorette invisi 15mg patch||Next 2 weeks|
|Step 3||Nicorette invisi 10mg patch||Last 2 weeks|
Smokers are recommended to start on 25 mg patch (Step 1) and use one patch daily for 8 weeks.
One 15 mg patch (Step 2) should be used daily for 2 weeks followed by one 10 mg patch (Step 3) daily for 2 weeks.
For those that smoke less than 10 cigarettes a day are recommended to start at step 2 (15mg patch) for 8 weeks and decrease the dose to 10mg for the final 4 weeks.
It is recommended that the patch is worn for approximately 16 hours, where it is applied in the morning and removed at bedtime.
How to apply the patch
The patch should be applied to clean, dry, hairless skin, for example the hip upper arm or chest. The area where you apply that patch should vary each day and it should not be applied in the same area on consecutive days.
- Wash your hands before applying the patch.
- Cut the pouch open with scissors, as indicated in the patient leaflet. Select an area where you want to apply the patch, for example the hip, upper arm or chest.
- Peel one part of the silvery aluminium backing away. Avoid touching the sticky surface of the patch with your fingers.
- Apply the sticky part of the patch carefully onto the skin and peel off the remaining half of the silvery aluminium backing.
- Press the patch firmly onto the skin with your palm or finger-tips.
- Rub your fingers firmly round the edge to ensure that the patch sticks firmly.