What is Zovirax Cold Sore Treatment Cream?
Zovirax Cold Sore cream contains aciclovir, an antiviral medication, that penetrates through the skin to fight the herpes simplex virus responsible for causing cold sores. Zovirax is clinically proven to treat your cold sore in as little as 3 days.
How do I use Zovirax Cold Sore Treatment Cream?
- Wash your hands before and after each application
- Squeeze the bottom of the tube to push the cream out onto the fingertip
- Apply the cream to the affected area
- Apply to the affected area five times a day at 4 hourly intervals
- The Cold Sore should completely disappear within 4-5 days
Does Zovirax cream stop the spread of Cold Sores?
Unfortunately, Zovirax cream does not prevent the spread of HSV herpes. Try to avoid any close physical contact (such as kissing) during an outbreak until the cold sores have completely healed. Try not to touch the cold sore, and wash your hands as soon as possible if you do.